The Ontario Universities’ Fair (OUF) is happening from September 27-29! Each day between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m., 21 Ontario Universities will be at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre as part of Canada’s largest educational fair. I will be sharing with you all a few things to keep in mind when attending the OUF.
The Ryerson Booth
Ryerson has an absolutely massive L-shaped booth. You should have no trouble finding it, as it is located immediately to the left after stepping through the Exhibit Hall entrance. Every single undergraduate program has a dedicated space within its faculty’s section of the booth. Central services such as Admissions, Athletics, and Housing and Residence Life can be found in the centre part of the booth. Staff are available to handle all your admissions-related questions while student representatives are there share to their personal university experiences.
The OUF Passport
Please register for an OUF passport! An OUF passport easily allows you to share your contact details with each university. Simply show someone at our scanning station your OUF passport and expect to start receiving emails from Ryerson shortly afterwards. You can even download it onto your phone! Save time at OUF and register for an OUF passport here.
Ryerson is running presentations each day in room 716B. You can view the complete list of presentation times here. Trust me when I say you do not want to miss the presentation this year! Just wait until you see how interactive and unique it is.
Questions to Ask
I understand that once you’re standing there in front of the booth, it can be easy to forget the question(s) you wanted to ask. Perhaps you aren’t even sure what is worth asking? To take a bit of the stress off of you, I have prepared a list of sample questions.
- When are the open houses?
- How can I get a tour of the campus?
- Does this program have additional admission requirements?
- Does taking a course in summer school or night school affect my application?
- Is there an advantage to applying early?
- What scholarships and bursaries are available?
- Are there on-campus work opportunities?
- What residence options are available?
- How do I get to campus?
- What are some typical extracurricular activities?
- What fun things are there to do around campus?
- What have previous graduates of this program gone on to do?
I hope to see you there!