RYERSON March Break(the “Contest”)
THIS CONTEST IS ONLY OPEN TO ONTARIO RESIDENTS AND IS GOVERNED BY CANADIAN LAW AND THE LAWS OF THE PROVINCE OF ONTARIO. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. SEE BELOW FOR FULL CONTEST DETAILS.
PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE OF, AND AGREEMENT TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY, THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
1) The Contest begins on March 13 2017 at 9:00am and ends on March 17 2017 [Friday] at 3:00pm (the “Contest Period”).
2) The Contest is open to all future students of Ryerson University (the “Sponsor”), resident in Ontario, who have reached the age of majority in Ontario (or with parental permission) at the time of entry.
HOW TO ENTER
3) NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To participate in this Contest, during the Contest Period you must, using the entry method set out below, answer the question provided (an “Entry”) and provide your social media handle(s):
4) You will receive one (1) Entry in the Contest when you submit your answer in accordance with Section 3 and these Contest Rules. LIMIT OF (1) ENTRY PER PERSON PER DAY
DURING THE CONTEST PERIOD. If it is discovered that you attempted to enter more than once per day per platform during the Contest Period, then all your Entries will be void. Use of any automated system to submit Entries is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR ENTRY MAY BE POSTED ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, SNAPCHAT AND/OR SPONSOR’S WEBSITE, WHERE IT MAY BE VIEWED, SHARED (BY USERS OF FACEBOOK AND VARIOUS OTHER INTERNET-BASED SITES) AND COMMENTED ON BY THE SPONSOR AND THE GENERAL PUBLIC. By submitting an Entry, you thereby: (i) grant to the Sponsor a worldwide, royalty-free, sub-licensable, irrevocable, right to use, publish, reproduce, display, exhibit and transmit the Entry in all media now known or hereafter devised in perpetuity beginning as of the date of entry, for any reason, including, but not limited to, in connection with the administration of and
publicity for the Contest, advertising and trade, and promoting the Sponsor, without notice or compensation; and (ii) agree to waive in favour of the Sponsor and its licensees all moral
rights in the Entry.
Each Entry must meet the following conditions (the “Eligibility Conditions”):
- be your original creation, and answered solely by you and over which you have all necessary rights, title and interest, including copyright;
- not violate the rights of any third party, including, but not limited to copyright, publicity or privacy rights;
- not include any third party owned material unless they have given their written consent to their use as required by these Contest Rules;
- not have been previously used commercially, submitted to another competition or contest, or won any other award;
- be in good taste; and not be explicit or offensive, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion;
- not contain any commercial content that promotes any product or service;
- not be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- not violate any law or regulation;
- not be libelous, threatening or harassing; and
- not instigate others to commit illegal activities or violate human rights
FINALIST SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
5) At the end of the Contest Period, on [Friday March 17th] all valid Entries will be collected and  Entries will be selected by random draw.
6) On [Friday, March 17th] (the “Contact Period”), the Sponsor will contact the selected entrants by mentioning them on the winning post. Selected entrants must reply to the message and provide the Sponsor with contact information at which the selected entrant can be reached. It is your responsibility to check your social media account for such messages.
7) Unless otherwise indicated in the message sent to the selected entrant, each selected entrant has two (2) business days from the date of the email to contact the Sponsor and to satisfy all contest requirements, including correctly answering, unassisted a mathematical skill-testing question and executing and return by mail and/or email a Winner Declaration and Release (the “Release”) within two (2) days of notification or the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate entrant (once completed, the “Winner”).
8) If a selected entrant:
(i) cannot be contacted within two (2) attempts during the Contact Period;
(ii) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; or
(iii) fails to return the Release within the specified time; or if there is a return of any notification as undeliverable, then she/he will be disqualified and forfeit her/his opportunity to be a Winner and the Sponsor, at its sole and absolute discretion, may select an eligible entrant associated with an eligible Entry at random as a potential Winner.
9) Prize: [One] Apple Watch. The odds of winning a Prize are dependent on the number of eligible Entries received by the Sponsor and compliance with the judging criteria. The Prize will be delivered to the Winners in person on the Ryerson campus prior to [Wednesday March 22nd at 5pm], provided that the Winner complies with the requirements set out in these Contest Rules. Each Prize must be accepted as awarded, is not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize that is, in its sole discretion, a prize of equivalent or greater value.
10) By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these Contest Rules. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited by law. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal.
11) By accepting a Prize, Winners consent to the use of her or his name, Entry, comments and/or likeness by the Sponsor in any form, manner or media whether now known or hereafter devised, including, without limitation, in print, radio, television and on the Internet for any purpose in connection with the Contest including, without limitation, for the purposes of advertising and trade, and promoting the Sponsor and / or the Contest, without further notice or compensation.
12) The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, withdraw or amend this Contest in any way, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Contest Rules. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
13) All Entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification):
(i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest;
(ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any Entry entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or
(iii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid Entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
14) By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties, and each of their respective employees, officers, directors, representatives, agents, successors and assigns from and against any injuries, losses, damages, claims, actions, or any liability of any kind in connection with the Contest, the entrant’s participation in the Contest and the acceptance, receipt, use or misuse of any Prize or portion thereof.
15) Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise, illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating, winning Prizes (defined herein), and preclude you from participating in future contests and promotions, at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions these Contest Rules will be judged void. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of receipt.
16) Without limitation, the Released Parties will not be liable for any failure of the website during the Contest; for an technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; for the failure of any Entry to be received by the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies or the Contest judges for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; or any combination of the above. Further, the Released Parties will not be liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading any material in the Contest.
18) In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, the terms and conditions of these Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.