With everyone around campus scrambling and preparing for their midterms, I just thought that I would share my top five study tips with you! For a girl enrolled in 7 courses, with a part time job, and participating in tons of extra curriculars, it’s good to stay on top of the study grind! So here are my top 5 study tips:
1. Keep up with your readings! This tip is crucial to prevent some of those late night’s studying. I’ve found that if you create a reading schedule for yourself and stay on top of it, come midterms, you will have no catching up to do and you can focus on your notes!
2. Keep a planner handy! I’ve seen the look on many students faces when the professor mentions “Alright, everyone hand your assignments in by 3pm today!” It’s the look of pure fear. But, this is an easy oopsie to prevent! I’ve found that if you keep a planner, not only will it allow you to be more organized, but it will prevent mix-ups and forgotten assignments!
3. Use your student resources! Our campus is GREAT when it comes to student resources. If you’re feeling a late night study session, our library is open until 1am! If you’re struggling with those calculus questions, go visit the math centre! Whatever your need is, we probably have a resource for it! These resources are FREE (yes, I said it) to Ryerson students, so use them! You’ll thank yourself later.
4. Stay healthy! Midterms can stress a lot of students out, but one of the most important things to remember is to stay healthy! If you spend hours and hours (and hours and hours) studying, and forget to eat, stay hydrated or sleep, you’re going to be in no condition to write your exams! And in the end, all of your studying will not be worth it! So one of the most important things to remember is to eat healthy and sleep so you can be well fuelled for your exams!
5. Be true to yourself, stay motivated and have fun! My final tip of the day is exactly that. Don’t let one test or assignment determine your happiness. Stay true to who you are, stay happy and be motivated. The best kind of student, is a happy student, so don’t let anything bring you down! You may be facing a challenge now, but if you push yourself through it, it will all be worth it in the end!
Anyways! Those are all my midterm study tips for you today! I’m gonna keep this short and simple (I have midterms to study for as well!) Hope the tips helped, and if you have any suggestions, I’d love to here how you guys prepare for tricky assignments and exams! Bye for now!