RYERSON ACCOUNTANT GIVEAWAY
THIS CONTEST IS ONLY OPEN TO CANADIAN RESIDENTS (EXCEPT QUEBEC) AND IS GOVERNED BY CANADIAN LAW AND THE LAWS OF THE PROVINCE OF ONTARIO.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. SEE BELOW FOR FULL CONTEST DETAILS. PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE OF, AND AGREEMENT TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY, THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
1) The entry period for the Contest begins on Monday, February 8, 2021 at 4 p.m. EST and ends on Thursday, February 11, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. EST (the “Contest Entry Period”). To be eligible, your Contest Entry (as defined below) must be submitted during the Contest Entry Period.
2) The Contest is open to any individual who meets the following criteria (hereinafter referred to as “Entrant” or “you”):
- a) is a legal resident of Canada (except Quebec) at the time of the Contest Entry Period;
- b) who is at least sixteen (16) years of age at the time of the Contest Entry Period; and
- c) is a current applicant to an undergraduate program at Ryerson University (the “Sponsor”) for the 2021-2022 academic year at the time of the Contest Entry Period.
HOW TO ENTER
3) NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. The Entrant may enter the Contest at any time during the Contest Entry Period by visiting the official Why Ryerson channel on YouTube and/or the official Why Ryerson account @whyryerson on TikTok and answering the question located in the giveaway post (an “Entry”).
- a) For Entrants that have a valid YouTube account, the answer can be shared via YouTube by posting in the comments section of the giveaway post.
- b) For Entrants that have a valid TikTok account, the answer can be shared via TikTok by performing a video duet with the giveaway post on the Entrant’s TikTok account.
- c) If Entrants have a valid YouTube account and use it for this Contest, they must comply with YouTube’s Terms of Service.
- d) If Entrants have a valid TikTok account and use it for this Contest, they must comply with TikTok’s Terms of Service.
4) You can submit only one (1) answer per social media platform during the Contest Entry Period. You will receive one (1) Entry in the Contest for each answer submitted to a maximum of two (2) Entries. LIMIT OF TWO (2) ENTRIES PER PERSON DURING THE CONTEST ENTRY PERIOD. For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, you can only use one (1) YouTube account AND one (1) TikTok account to enter the Contest. If it is discovered that an Entrant attempted to enter more than twice during the Contest Entry Period, or more than once per social media platform, then all Entries associated with the Entrant will be void. Use of any automated system to submit Entries is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR ENTRY MAY BE POSTED ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, TIKTOK AND/OR SPONSOR’S WEBSITE, WHERE IT MAY BE VIEWED, SHARED (BY USERS OF FACEBOOK AND VARIOUS OTHER INTERNET-BASED SITES) AND COMMENTED ON BY THE SPONSOR AND THE GENERAL PUBLIC. By submitting an Entry, you thereby: (i) grant to the Sponsor a worldwide, royalty-free, sub-licensable, irrevocable, right to use, publish, reproduce, display, exhibit and transmit the Entry in all media now known or hereafter devised in perpetuity beginning as of the date of entry, for any reason, including, but not limited to, in connection with the administration of and publicity for the Contest, advertising and trade, and promoting the Sponsor, without notice or compensation; and (ii) agree to waive in favour of the Sponsor and its licensees all moral rights in the Entry.
Each Entry must meet the following conditions (the “Eligibility Conditions”):
- be your original creation, and taken solely by/for you and over which you have all necessary rights, title and interest, including copyright;
- not violate the rights of any third party, including, but not limited to copyright, publicity or privacy rights;
- not include any other people or include any third party owned material unless they have given their written consent to their use as required by these Contest Rules;
- not have been previously used commercially, submitted to another competition or contest, or won any other award;
- be in “good taste” and not be explicit or offensive, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion;
- not contain any commercial content that promotes any product or service;
- not be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- not violate any law or regulation;
- not be libelous, threatening or harassing; and
- not instigate others to commit illegal activities or violate human rights; and
- not contain any viruses, worms, or other interfering computer programming.
FINALIST SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
5) At the end of the Contest Entry Period, on or about Friday, February 12, 2021 all valid Entries will be collected by the Contest judges.
6) On or about 4 p.m. EST on Friday, February 12, 2021 (the “Selection Date”), in Toronto, Ontario, two (2) Entries will be selected via random draw.
7) Between 4 p.m. and 5 p.m. EST on Friday, February 12, 2021, (the “Contact Period”), the Sponsor will announce the selected Entrants by posting the usernames associated with the selected Entrants’ YouTube and/or TikTok account on the official Why Ryerson channel on YouTube and the official Why Ryerson account @whyryerson on TikTok.
Selected Entrants must contact the Sponsor via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the Sponsor with the following information:
- her/his legal name;
- the username associated with her/his YouTube and/or TikTok account used to enter the Contest;
- method of entry;
- undergraduate program(s) offered by the Sponsor that she/he applied to for the 2021-2022 academic year; and
- contact information at which she/he can be reached.
It is your responsibility to check your TikTok and/or YouTube account, and email, during the Contact Period.
8) Each selected Entrant has three (3) business days from the expiry of the Contact Period to contact the Sponsor and to satisfy all contest requirements, including correctly answering, unassisted a mathematical skill-testing question and executing and returning by email a Winner Declaration and Release (the “Release”) within three (3) business days of notification or the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate Entrant (once completed, the “Winner”). In the event that a selected Entrant is below the age of majority in Ontario at the time of the Contest Entry Period, the selected Entrant shall have the Release executed by a parent or guardian in order to remain eligible as a potential Winner.
The Released Parties (defined below) will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a potential Winner. The Contest Winner must be confirmed by 5 p.m. EST on Wednesday, February 17, 2021.
9) If a selected Entrant:
- a) cannot be contacted within two (2) attempts during the Contact Period;
- b) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; or
- c) fails to return the Release within the specified time;
- d) or there is a return of any notification as undeliverable,
then she/he will be disqualified and forfeit her/his opportunity to be a Winner and the Sponsor, at its sole and absolute discretion, may select an eligible Entrant associated with an eligible Entry at random as a potential Winner.
10) There are two (2) categories in the Contest and each has one (1) prize for a total of two (2) prizes (each, a “Prize”).
- Category: YouTube Entry
- Prize: Ryerson Bookstore shopping spree, valued at $100 CDN
- Category: TikTok Entry
- Prize: Ryerson Bookstore shopping spree, valued at $200 CDN
The odds of winning a Prize are dependent on the number of eligible Entries received by the Sponsor and compliance with the judging criteria. Each Prize will be shipped to the Winner by mail at the address provided by the Winner, provided that the Winner complies with the requirements set out in these Contest Rules. Estimated delivery time of all Prizes is within thirty (30) days of the expiry of the Contact Period, but the Sponsor reserves the right to deliver in a shorter or longer time frame. Each Prize must be accepted as awarded, is not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize that is, in its sole discretion, a prize of equivalent or greater value.
11) By entering the Contest, each Entrant agrees to abide by these Contest Rules. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited by law. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all Entrants without right of appeal. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, the terms and conditions of these Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.
12) By accepting a Prize, Winners consent to the use of her or his name, YouTube and/or TikTok username, Entry, comments and/or likeness by the Sponsor in any form, manner or media whether now known or hereafter devised, including, without limitation, in print, radio, television and on the Internet for any purpose in connection with the Contest including, without limitation, for the purposes of advertising and trade, and promoting the Sponsor and/or the Contest, without further notice or compensation.
13) The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, withdraw or amend this Contest in any way, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Contest Rules. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
14) All Entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification):
- a) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest;
- b) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any Entry entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or
- c) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Rules.
Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid Entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
15) By entering the Contest and submitting a YouTube comment and/or TikTok video duet, each Entrant:
- without limiting YouTube’s Contest Policies and Guidelines or the TikTok Terms of Service grants to the Sponsor, in perpetuity, a non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use her/his Entry, in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the Contest or for any other reason;
- agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and its respective governors, agents, employees, directors, successors, and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action that relate in any way to YouTube or TikTok. For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and at any time, to modify, edit or disqualify any Entry if a complaint is received with respect to the Entry, or for any other reason. If such an action is necessary at any point, then the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify the Entry and/or the associated Entrant. If the Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that any Entry does not comply with these Contest Rules for any reason at any time, then the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify the Entry and/or the associated Entrant.
16) By entering the Contest, each Entrant agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties, and each of their respective employees, officers, directors, representatives, agents, successors and assigns from and against any injuries, losses, damages, claims, actions, or any liability of any kind in connection with the Contest, the Entrant’s participation in the Contest and the acceptance, receipt, use or misuse of any Prize or portion thereof.
17) Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise, illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating, winning Prizes (defined herein), and preclude you from participating in future contests and promotions, at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions these Contest Rules will be judged void. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of receipt.
18) Without limitation, the Released Parties will not be liable for any failure of the website during the Contest; for an technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; for the failure of any Entry to be received by the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies or the Contest judges for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; or any combination of the above. Further, the Released Parties will not be liable for any injury or damage to an Entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading any material in the Contest.
19) In the event of a dispute, Entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the username or email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned the account by YouTube or TikTok, or the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
21) Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or in association with, YouTube or TikTok. YouTube and TikTok are completely released of all liability by each Entrant in this Contest. Any questions or comments regarding the Contest should be directed to the Sponsor, not YouTube or TikTok.