We’re back! Did you miss us? I sure missed my home-away-from-home during the incredibly long break! After a month of relaxing and doing absolutely nothing, I’m definitely thrilled to get back into the swing of things, especially with these blog posts! And one of the best parts about starting classes again is the many activities going on all around Ryerson!
As students return to campus, the Ryerson Students’ Union organized a ton of exciting events from January 13th to the 17th in order to kick off another great semester! It was an opportunity to welcome students who may be new to Ryerson for the winter semester and an overall fun way for everyone to enjoy some winter festivities.
The Winter Week of Welcome events included:
– Winter Street Festival: free ice skating, hot chocolate, live DJ, outdoor games, & BEAVERTAILS!!!! (my personal favourite)
– Skating Under the Stars + free apple cider (on Ryerson’s Lake Devo!)
– Student Groups Day: a great way to explore and get involved in various student groups, and even score some free food!
– Open Mic Coffee House: always free coffee, tea, and snacks while enjoying some live music!
– Mock New Years Eve Party: took place in the campus pub The Ram in the Rye for anyone who didn’t get to celebrate New Years the first time!
-Blue Mountain Ski Trip: organized for students who love the slopes and also very affordable!
(I hope you can tell from my use of exclamation points that I am indeed very excited.)
So if you find yourself at Ryerson next year, remember to keep these activities in mind! The Students’ Union is always coming up with awesome new ideas to improve Ryerson life, and will surely out-do themselves in the future! You can also look forward to hearing from the Student Ambassador team throughout the winter semester of 2014, and my final semester of first year!