We’re here with some final steps for you to keep in mind as you make preparations for the fall. If you’ve received an Offer of Admission, there are several resources for you to check out – including the Approved Students and New Students pages. Still waiting to hear or are on a wait list? We’ve got you covered with some websites you can check out throughout the summer to keep yourself informed.
Thanks for reading – and have a great summer!
Undergraduate Admissions and Recruitment
To complete the admissions process and reserve your spot at Ryerson, you must accept your Offer of Admission, pay your tuition deposit and meet your conditions. Visit Approved Students for details on these 3 essential steps.
Submit a Summer School Extension Request if you will be taking courses this summer, either to meet the academic conditions of your Offer or to upgrade to meet the admission requirements.
We understand that being on a Wait List can be a difficult situation, and appreciate the challenges you may face in terms of making some choices in the next few weeks and months. If you have any questions regarding the Wait List procedures, please visit our website for more information and answers to your questions, including what to do if you’re planning on going away this summer.
Prepare your Finances
Summer is a great time to prepare your finances for the school year. Complete the following steps, if applicable, and visit New Students for more details:
- RESP Verification of Enrolment may be required to access your savings if you have a Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP). You can obtain a Verification of Enrolment letter by submitting an RESP Verification of Enrolment Request form, along with payment.
- Apply for OSAP once you have confirmed your acceptance to your program, to gain access to your funds before classes start in September.
- Pay your Tuition and Fees after your fees are posted on your student account on RAMSS in August, and before the September 11th due date. (You must first activate your Ryerson Online Identity to access your RAMSS account.) You make payments through online or telephone banking by adding Ryerson University as the payee, and using your 9 digit Ryerson Number as your account number.
Prepare for Classes
Prepare for the start of classes by completing the following steps, if applicable, and visit New Students for more details:
- Did you complete any courses at another college or university prior to coming to Ryerson? Please remember to Apply for Transfer Credits as soon as you have accepted your Offer of Admission. To ensure you have the results before the start of the fall 2015 term, please apply for transfer credits before August 10.
- Review your Program Curriculum and become familiar with Ryerson’s important dates. The 2015-2016 Ryerson Undergraduate Calendar provides complete information on your program, courses, academic rules and regulations and significant dates.
- Course Enrolment starts in mid-August. Visit New Students for information on viewing your course schedule and adjusting enrolments during your First-Year Enrolment Appointment.
- Attend Orientation to learn more about campus, meet new friends and prepare for class. Watch for more information to come from your faculty and program department, too!
- NEW THIS FALL – If you have questions once you arrive, be sure to stop by our brand new ServiceHub located next to the Hub Cafeteria! Connect with us before you arrive via Twitter – @RUServiceHub
Want to share your journey of coming to Ryerson? Audition to be a #RoadToRyerson blogger!
Welcome to Ryerson!
Connect with Ryerson’s International Student Support to learn more about preparation, arrival and orientation.
Apply for a Study Permit
Admitted International Students, remember to apply for your Study Permit. Print the Letter of Admittance for International Students (LAIS) from your Choose>Ryerson portal. Study Permit application details are on the Government of Canada website.
First Year in 40 Minutes
Greetings from the First Generation Project at the Tri-Mentoring Program! We are inviting incoming first year students to our First Year in 40 Minutes: Light ‘Em Up! event. We will be showcasing a variety of Ryerson services considered helpful to the success of First Year students. This event will serve as a fun social gathering focused on networking and building connections with the Ryerson Community.
Student supports will be present in the room in order to simulate a First Year student’s path. You will have the opportunity to participate in programming to aid your transition to Ryerson University, and lunch will be provided for you and your parents.
Please RSVP by Friday July 3, 2015. If more information is needed please feel free to contact Amanda Lin at firstname.lastname@example.org or Rudhra Persad at email@example.com. If you require any accommodations for different abilities or material in multiple formats, please feel free to contact us. Also, please let us know of any dietary restrictions to help us best accommodate and be aware Ryerson University is not a nut-free facility.
The Countdown is on! Register for our upcoming Online Info Session – RU Live and learn more about what’s to come for your new school year at Ryerson! Join us from the comfort of home and connect in real-time with Student Life, Orientation and Ryerson Student Learning Support representatives.
HAVE QUESTIONS? CONNECT WITH RYERSON!
Once you have cleared the conditions of your Offer and paid your tuition deposit, where do you turn if you have questions? There are several resources ready and waiting to help!
Once again, congratulations if you have received an Offer and welcome to Ryerson! Your Choose>Ryerson portal will be deactivated by the end of the first week of classes, so please print any communications that you might need prior to this date. This will be the last updates email that you will receive from us, so thanks for reading! Keep using #Ryerson2019 to connect with new students and let us know what you’re joining us for!
Undergraduate Admissions and Recruitment
If your Offer of Admission is cancelled or revoked at any time, any other related materials received from Ryerson are to be considered null and void. Please refer to your Choose>Ryerson portal for all official correspondence and documentation.